Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tuesday Meeting

Hey guys,

I thought I'd go ahead and get a list started for our meeting on Tuesday.  Here is what I have so far:


  • Small groups for reading - how are we splitting them?  I will be working with the 29 students either labeled gifted or scoring a 5 on FCAT.  This means my other advisory students will need to be met with by someone else.  Here are a couple of options
    • Option A - We split my kids up into the holes created in your schedules by me meeting with the Tier 2-High.  This would mean everyone is doing at least one Tier 2 group, but you are doing with the students you see in mini-lesson (except for the few of my students that will be joining you - I have a few Tier 2).
    • Option B - Someone else does most, if not all, of the Tier 2 and the rest of the students are split between everyone else.  This could rotate as the year progresses.
Neither of these two have to be the decision for the entire year, but we have to start somewhere.  I would tend to vote for Option A because the students have to "know" fewer teachers.  This is especially true for the Tier 2 students.

  • When will these small groups start?  At the very beginning, we don't conference as much as we are helping students work through the behaviors of Autonomous Time.  But we need to start seeing kids really quickly - especially the Tier 2/3 kids.

And lastly, something we need to quickly discuss Monday afternoon is our timings for Tuesday.  We are planning to do a mostly "normal" day, but we need to touch base and make sure we are all on board with all the switches so no one is caught off guard.

We're almost there! :D  See you tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment