Monday, May 7, 2012

Tuesday Meeting 5/8/2012

Hey guys,

As a part of this busy week, Lead Team is being moved to Tuesday afternoon since Russ's interview is this Thursday (which is when we normally have been meeting).  Therefore, I will not be at our Tuesday meeting.

However, I have asked Macy to take the lead this week as we finalize our orders for next year (both teacher orders and student supply lists).  After we all give our okay to those, I think we should discuss summer reading.  Now that 4/5 are going to be mixing, I think it is good for us to rethink our summer reading and be on the same page.

Macy had the idea to include some historical fiction that would relate to some of our units - particularly our first units on Native Americans and Exploration.  I don't know that they all need to fit that criteria, but it would be nice if some of them do.

My personal opinion is that we should have 8 books - 2 at the 3rd grade level, 2 at the 4th grade level, 2 at the 5th grade level, and 2 higher than 5th grade.  The students could choose 2 books from the list to read over the summer.  I have no idea what we do with that in the Fall, but I like the idea of choice.  Of course, this whole paragraph is simply my opinion and carries no more weight than that.  I'm interested to know what everyone else is thinking as well.

So, plan to meet in the Fishbowl from 2:50-3:45 tomorrow.  I look forward to seeing the results. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment