Hey guys,
So this is the post where I would like you to leave your comments about the proposed schedule for the week of August 1-5.
Here it is again:
August 1-3: Meet and revise the American Revolution Unit.
August 4-5: Meet to present our Science units to each other, give feedback, and revise.
Please let us know whether you are okay with this and whether you can make it. We all committed to this week before summer break, so we should all be able to be there, but if you can't, we need to know now.
Once we have these dates nailed down, we can discuss in more detail what we need to do to be prepared for the American Revolution days.
Thanks! :)
I think the outline of dates looks good. Just to clarify-we'd need to have our Weebly sites done by Aug. 4 to present?
ReplyDeleteCorret. The units (weebly and all) would need to be done by August 4.
ReplyDeleteNot sure what a "corret" is. Should says 'Correct'. :)
ReplyDeleteSince the "deliverables" are due on the 5th will that be sufficient time if things need to be changed?
ReplyDeleteIt would be pushing it, but we would be giving ourselves the whole day of the fifth to make any changes. I just don't know if we'll have any time before then where we can all commit to being there. I guess the moral of the story would be to seek feedback before the 8/4 as well, don't just wait and get it all at one time.
ReplyDeleteBTW - I hope everyone is starting to think about/work on their weeblies :)
That's true. I agree. I just wanted to check. Oh, I sent you an email about how to create the student accounts. If it works, you might want to post it so that everyone can do the same thing. Just a thought ;-)
ReplyDeleteDr. Pringle has agreed to be there on August 4 for us to share our units and give feedback to each other. I will work with Marisa/Christy to come up with a protocol for sharing that will enable everyone to go through their units in a timely and organized fashion. So be prepared. :)
ReplyDeletesounds good as far as dates
ReplyDeleteI'm just trying to clarify how many total days we'll be getting paid for Science and Social Studies?
ReplyDeleteFrom what I understand, we will get paid for 3 days of SS PD - based on being there Aug 1-3. We will also get paid for 5 days of Science PD based upon completion of our weeblies (I think we are supposed to have both done by Aug 5). We will the get paid for 2 more days of science for Aug 4-5 to present to each other and then make changes based on feedback. That is my understanding at any rate.
ReplyDeleteThanks for breaking those days down...
ReplyDeleteSo, 7 days of science?
ReplyDeleteThat's what I put in for....
ReplyDeleteI just received an email from Christy clarifying that we are getting paid 7 days for Science and 3 days for SS....of course that is dependent upon you being there Aug 1-5 (M-W SS, R-F Sc) and completion of your Science weeblies by the deadline (August 5). We should each have two weeblies complete for our two units in Science.
ReplyDeleteHope this helps clarify.
Thanks, Cary! Sounds good!
ReplyDeleteI'll be there the 1st - 5th
ReplyDelete